Dock communication systems provide enhanced dock safety by providing inside and outside visual communication between the dock personnel and the truck driver, with universal red and green light display.The dock communication system includes two light systems one outside on the loading dock wall and one inside the building. When the truck is properly restrained at the loading dock, the dock personnel activates toggle switch mounted on the inside loading dock communication light, changing the inside light to green and the outside light to flashing red.
The truck backs into position against the dock bumpers and set the brakes. We also recommend the use of a truck restraint and also recommend wheel chocks, to secure the truck at the dock. The dock personnel simply toggle the light switch and light changes outside to red and inside to green. When loading/unloading is completed, simply on chock or release restraint and toggle the switch inside the building, the light changes to red inside and green outside, indicating to the truck driver he is free to move the vehicle.
- Integral eyebrow type sun visors provide extended visibility while shielding the lights from rain and snow.
- The light communication system is a unique, low cost way to improve communication between truck drivers and your dock personnel. The simple red and green lights instantly understood as “stop” and “go” – provide clear signals to dock workers inside and truck drivers outside, so your dock can operate more safely and efficiently.
- Clearly visible green and red lights
- Black polypropylene housing
- Two 12-volt automotive bulbs
- Inside toggle switch manually changes lights between green and red
- Middle switch position provides “red-red” safety condition
- One inside and two outside caution signs
- UL and cUL Listed : Available in 12VDC, 24VDC & 115VAC.
- Optional LED Package
- Extended bulb life
- Lower maintenance cost
- Cooler burning light system
- Less AMP draw
- Requires no maintenance.
- Three year limited warranty on LED.