Aluminium dock boards are suited for forklift traffic and pallet jack, both powered and non-powered not recommended for high traffic applications, single shift operations, 5 day work weeks, servicing up 6-8 trucks per day.
Lightweight aluminum construction insures years of trouble free service. Portable boards can be moved to different dock locations and need no maintenance.
In order to properly spec out a truck dock board four things must be known about the site where the board is to be used.
- The Dock Height.
- The type of semi-trailers the customer will be servicing.
- The type of equipment that will be driving over the dock board.
- Any special considerations because of dock bumpers, sloped docks, height restrictions, etc….
Measure above ground level and note any sloping areas in front of the dock. It is important to know this dimension because this determines the height differential and the length of the dock board. Type of semi-trailers the customer will be servicing: Regular semi-trailers vary between 45-55″. Refrigerated trailers vary between 48-59″. Also, most refrigerated trailers have a step or longer ledge in the rear of the trailer; this requires a longer lip than normal.
Type of Equipment:
You need to determine the largest truck (load) that will be taken over the board. Also, note if pallet trucks, electric lift trucks, or any special equipment that can only go up a gentle slope is to be used with the board.
Special considerations because of dock bumpers, sloped docks, or sloped drives, Height restrictions:
- Dock boards are made to go between the truck and the bumper not in between bumpers. If this is not possible, we will need to know the thickness and spacing of the bumpers. Also, at some locations because of low ceiling heights the truck must back away from the building, keeps a look out for unusual situations.
- All boards have beveled edges to provide smooth entry & exit.
- All boards are made from special non-slip Diamond tread surface.
- Welded Rail boards have an all welded aluminum construction make boards as light as possible and five years of trouble free service. No bolts to loosen, boards stay in one piece.